Part-Time Help Desk Technician I - Information Technology
The part-time Help Desk Technician I provides a wide range of evolving assistance across Ashland University technology. The position fields emails, phone calls, chat and in-person visits assisting customers by answering their technology questions. Fills out work orders or assists with fixing the issue. Is responsible to identify opportunities improving service delivery and operations, based on analysis of performance metrics and other information sources. Recruits, trains, coaches, and mentors student workers.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance to students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Answers department phones promptly in a professional manner and greets in-person patrons.
- Sorts and maintains service request tickets.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues on a variety of computer systems.
- Registers devices to use the university's network.
- Provides password and login assistance for users.
- Provides assistance with computers, copiers, podiums, and other resources and devices.
- Ensures effective communications about normal operations and exceptions that impact services and projects and escalate appropriately.
- Develops and improves processes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous customer service and/or product support experience is required.
- Prior IT Help Desk experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of service center technologies such as telephone systems and ticketing systems, like Quest Kbox or others is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Speak clearly and have a positive and courteous attitude.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote campus locations and attend training as assigned.
- Occasional weekend and evening work hours are required.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.