Part-Time P.M. Custodian - Dining Services
Under the direction of the Service Manager and Service Supervisor, performs the duties of part-time P.M. Custodian in an efficient manner, meeting the objectives of Ashland University. Responsible for maintaining the appearance of the entire facility during the scheduled shift.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans, sweeps, and mops floors in student dining hall, kitchen, and Eagles Nest as needed.
- Removes trash and is responsible for regular cleaning tasks to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Cleans and restocks soap and paper dispensers as needed.
- Completes sanitation and maintenance of equipment, notifying supervisor when repairs are necessary.
- Repairs and replaces chair glides, light bulbs, and makes other necessary repairs needed throughout the facility.
- Advises supervisor of any work orders needed in designated areas.
- Assists co-workers if necessary in order to complete tasks in a safe and compliant manner.
- Keeps cleaning supplies stocked and notifies supervisor if inventory is low.
- Performs any other duties assigned by manager or supervisor on duty.
- High School graduate or higher.
- Past experience in custodial and inventory is preferred.
- Good with numbers and able to lift heavy items of 50 lbs. or more.
- Self-starter and able to work unsupervised at times.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme heat and cold.
- Hours may fluctuate.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.