Part-Time P.M. Pasta Cook - Student Dining
Performs the duties of part-time P.M. Pasta Cook in an efficient manner that meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of the student customers.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks cooler and production sheet daily to accurately prepare pasta, ingredients and sauce for the day.
- Gathers items from freezer and storeroom if necessary.
- Heats sauces and prep bottles of oil and broth needed for skillets.
- Responsible for serving and maintaining pasta station during peak meal period and insuring quality items from pasta station.
- At the end of the shift, records necessary information on production sheets.
- Communicates with production manager if additional product is needed to insure adequate ingredients for the meal, and/or next day production.
- Restocks crocks and clean area after closing, ensure unused products are properly covered, stored, labeled and dated at the end of the night.
- Performs other related duties when requested by management.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred but not mandatory.
- Customer service is a priority.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic personality in dealing with University faculty, staff and student customers.
- Must be detail-oriented, reliable and a self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent stamina; bending and lifting are required along with standing for long periods of time.
- Tolerance to extreme heat when working in and around a kitchen environment.
- Cleanliness and a neat appearance are required.
- Must have a good understanding of the job requirements, along with University goals, policies and procedures.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.