Part-Time Site Director for Claiborne Parish (LA) Jail - Correctional Education Program
The part-time Site Director provides administrative support for the Ashland University Correctional Education Program for individuals who are incarcerated at the Claiborne Parish Jail in Homer, Louisiana. The Site Director reports directly to the Correctional Education Program's Associate Director of Louisiana Programs.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between the Claiborne Parish Jail and Ashland University.
- Works with Associate Director of Louisiana Programs to ensure the identification, screening and recruiting of students aligns with the department goals.
- Assists students in completion of all necessary admission documents.
- Assists students with financial aid processes, including FAFSA, etc.
- With the Associate Director of Louisiana Programs, projects enrollment goals and class sizes each semester.
- Maintains site inventory of tablets, student textbooks, and instructional supplies.
- Distributes equipment and materials to students and maintains a record of what has been provisioned.
- Maintains student privacy and record keeping according to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Monitors attendance and faculty interaction with students.
- Conducts and documents weekly meetings with individual students to review attendance, GPA, academic standards, academic progress, forms, etc.
- Assists students with accessing extracurricular activities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Experience working in correctional education preferred.
- Experience working in higher education strongly preferred.
- Ability to use Learning Management System (LMS) software.
- Computer skills with ability to troubleshoot as well as operate most office programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in advising and/or training others.
- Problem solving skills.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Organization and management skills, with attention to detail.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.