Part-Time Site Director, Minnesota Correctional Facility (Moose Lake) - Correctional Education
The part-time Site Director provides administrative support for the Ashland University Correctional Program for individuals who are incarcerated at the Minnesota Correctional Facility - Moose Lake, located in Moose Lake, MN. Work site is within the Minnesota Correctional Facility - Moose Lake and remotely when necessary. The Site Director reports directly to the Correctional Education Program's Implementation Director.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between the Minnesota Correctional Facility - Moose Lake site and Ashland University.
- Works with Implementation Director to ensure the identification, screening and recruiting of students aligns with the department goals.
- Assists students in completion of all necessary admission documents.
- Assists students with financial aid processes, including FAFSA, etc.
- With the Implementation Director, projects enrollment goals and class sizes each semester.
- Maintains site inventory of tablets, student textbooks, materials.
- Distributes equipment and materials to students and maintains a record of what has been provisioned.
- Maintains student privacy and record keeping according to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Monitors attendance and faculty interaction with students.
- Conducts and documents weekly meetings with individual students to review attendance, GPA, academic standards, academic progress, forms, etc.
- Assists students with accessing extracurricular activities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Experience working in correctional education preferred.
- Experience working in higher education strongly preferred.
- Ability to use Learning Management System (LMS) software.
- Computer skills with ability to troubleshoot as well as operate most office programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in advising and/or training others.
- Problem solving skills.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Organization and management skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and transport course materials, textbooks, and tablets as needed.
- Local travel required with some occasional non-local travel involved.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.