Part-Time Swing Shift - Student Dining
Ashland University (www.ashland.edu) seeks candidates for a part-time Swing Shift position. Responsibilities of this position include producing quality foods and presenting them in an attractive manner using proper cooking techniques. Employment requires ability to work any shifts as needed by supervisor.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents production records and maintains sanitation standards regarding all stages of food preparation.
- Responsible for prep as needed and ensures all unused portions are properly stored, labeled and recorded.
- Performs other related duties when requested by management.
- Meets the objectives of Ashland University and the needs of the student customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous food service preferred, but not required.
- Must possess a positive, enthusiastic personality in dealing with the general public and student customers.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable as well as a self-starter and work with little or no supervision.
- In addition, must have a good understanding of the job requirements and University policies and procedures.
- Excellent stamina, bending and lifting is required along with standing for long periods of time.
- Tolerance to extreme heat when working in and around a kitchen environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.