Professional Instructor and Field Coordinator - Schar College of Education
Ashland University's Dwight Schar College of Education is seeking applications for a Professional Instructor, Teacher Education Generalist and Field Coordinator. The candidate will teach undergraduate courses in early childhood education and literacy for the Department of Teacher Education. This is a full-time, non-tenure track position.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach six (6) hours of courses per semester as assigned within the Department in early childhood literacy.
- Coordinate field placements from Elyria partnership.
- Use performance data to revise curriculum and instruction as needed.
- Maintain student records in required databases and through LiveText.
- Teach face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses within early childhood education.
- Work with clinical educators (supervisors, cooperating teachers), school and district partners, and students who are participating in field experiences and/or internships.
- Support the mission of Ashland University and the Dwight Schar College of Education.
- Support Ashland University's philosophy of Accent on the Individual.
- Contribute to the Department, College, and University through service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Education required.
- Experience teaching in pre-K through third grade.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in using data to improve instruction.
- A commitment to diversity.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.