Professional Instructor of Literacy - Dwight Schar College of Education
Ashland University's Dwight Schar College of Education seeks applicants for a Professional Instructor of Literacy. The candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in literacy. This is a full-time, non-tenured position.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission of Ashland University and the Dwight Schar College of Education.
- Supports Ashland University's philosophy of Accent on the Individual.
- Teaches face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses within the College of Education.
- Advises undergraduate students.
- Supports adjunct faculty in the area of literacy.
- Supports data collection for College of Education accreditation.
- Supports continuous improvement within the College of Education.
- Provides service to the department, college, and university.
- Experience teaching in a variety of instructional formats (face-to-face, hybrid, and on line).
- Teaching could be on additional campus sites, as well as on main campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Earned doctorate in literacy preferred. Master's degree in literacy required or closely related field completed by August 2020.
- Five (5) years of experience working with P-12 students preferred.
- Professional teaching license/certificate.
- Experience teaching college-level courses, with experience teaching literacy courses preferred.
- Supervisory experience with field or clinical experiences in literacy education in public schools.
- A commitment to diversity.
Please submit a cover letter, current CV, official college transcripts, and contact information for three (3) references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.