Professional Instructor - Talent Development Education
Ashland University's Dwight Schar College of Education is seeking applications for a Professional Instructor of Talent Development Education. The candidate will teach graduate courses in gifted and talented education and maintain and grow the program. This position is a non-tenure track, full-time position.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the process of continuous improvement related to the Talent Development Education program.
- Maintain contact with the state, regional service providers and local districts related to needs in gifted and talented education.
- Teach face-to-face, hybrid and online courses within the Talent Development Education program.
- Build P-12 partnerships related to gifted and talented needs.
- Recruit cohorts of students interested in an endorsement in Talent Development Education.
- Recruit adjunct faculty to support the Talent Development Education program.
- Advise Gifted Endorsement and Talent Development Education Masters of Education (M.Ed.) students.
- Support data collection for college accreditation.
- Represent the university as a state leader in gifted and talented education.
- Contribute to the department, college and university through service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Terminal degree in education such as administration, special education, gifted education, foundations or curriculum and instruction.
- Professional teaching or administrative license/certificate.
- Experience teaching master-level courses in gifted and talented education.
- Demonstrated interest and experience building school and district partnerships with a university.
- Commitment to diversity.
- A gifted endorsement or license.
- Three (3) years experience working with P-12 students.
IN LIEU OF CLICKING "APPLY NOW", PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
Candidates must submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications, a current curriculum vita and three (3) professional references with contact information. Submit applications to Dr. Sarah Hall at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.