Program Coordinator, PA Program - Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Science
The responsibility of the Program Coordinator is to support administrative work of the assigned program within the Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Program Coordinators provide administrative support specific to the assigned program needs. Administrative support may include the following areas: admission process and centralized application systems; class, lab and clinical scheduling; coordination of clinical agency placements; clinical affiliation data bases, student record databases, standardized discipline specific examinations; student and faculty surveys, and administrative support to meet accreditation and state regulatory requirements per program.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports scheduling for the program's course, laboratory, and clinical placements.
- Maintains a master plan for clinical rotations.
- Requests clinical sites/units for student experiences.
- Coordinates required coursework with appropriate colleges.
- Coordinates programs schedule with Registrar's Office.
- Assists with preceptor assignments, coordinating with clinical agencies and faculty.
- Maintains safety and required records for clinical education including but not limited to HIPAA, Blood Borne Pathogen, orientation documents for agencies, and certifications.
- Assures scheduling of orientation for students at agencies, EMR, parking, passwords for systems.
- Attends program orientations at clinical agencies.
- Supports coordination of standardized discipline specific examination packages including ordering, informing students, scheduling, developing data reports for faculty, department chair, and dean, and scheduling on-site reviews, specific to the program.
- Supports admission process, maintaining CASPA, prospective student correspondence, scheduling on-campus interviews, communicates students accepted to the program to enrollment services.
- Supports data gathering for program assessment process and self-study reports for accreditors and regulatory agencies.
- Other tasks as identified by the Department Chair or Dean.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Official transcripts verifying academic preparation.
- Three (3) years of experience in nursing or related healthcare field, with educational institution experience preferred.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office and Google Suite preferred.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, planning and decision making skills required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in data entry, data processing, and word processing.
- Availability to participate in events important to the ongoing success of the university and college.
- Ability to work in moderately stressful environment.
- Requires ability to adapt to changes in work load.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.