Programmer Analyst - Information Technology
The Programmer Analyst provides analysis, design, programming and support of assigned business systems in an efficient and economical manner throughout Ashland University. This position defines and incorporates Transact Campus, SQL, Relational Database, system security and control procedures, prepares documentation, and trains users on assigned applications. Also performs subsequent maintenance and enhancements as necessary.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs analysis, design, implementation, and support of assigned application systems.
- Defines and incorporates system security and control procedures to protect data entrusted to assigned systems.
- Performs required maintenance and installs enhancements to ensure effective operation of systems.
- Works independently on existing and assigned projects/systems with expertise and support provided by the Senior Systems Analyst or Systems Analyst as needed.
- Completes assigned projects within established timeframes and budget.
- Troubleshoots, updates, organizes and upgrades Transact Campus software, database, and access.
- Works with Facilities, EagleCard Office, Auxiliary Services, and IT to align software issues/upgrades with hardware issues and needs.
- Troubleshoots and setups up Point of Sales aligned with Transact Campus.
- Adds and removes users from the Transact Campus database
- Establishes firewall rules on the Transact Campus server.
- Collaborates with AU staff to analyze requirements, design specifications, develops code, tests, troubleshoots, and implements programs into production system.
- Communicates at all levels as a key factor for success utilizing technical documentation, emails, meetings and client updates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field is required.
- Relational database administration and application development preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague, Advise, or Predict software packages desired.
- Experience with Envision Programming in the Colleague Studio Environment.
- One or more years of hands-on experience writing complex queries, stored procedures, user defined functions and working with relational data models using SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of PCs, MS Windows application software packages, Microsoft network, and University experience helpful.
- Should be technically adept, capable of learning, maintaining and providing basic troubleshooting for various types of database and corresponding technologies.
- Must have organizational skills and be able to make sound decisions independently.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communications and collaborative skills and have experience working in a service capacity with direct customer interaction.
- Must be able to build team support as well as have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of the university community.
- Office environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote campus locations and attend training as assigned.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.