Quality Assurance Analyst III - Information Technology
The Quality Assurance Analyst III provides specialist advice and analysis to ensure that all information systems programs and projects meet end-user requirements and organizational standards for usability, operability and performance. The Quality Assurance Analyst III is responsible for creating performance test plans, selecting tools, setting up environments, scripting, executing performance tests, and analyzing results. Projects and programs typically have a high degree of complexity, influence, and impact as solutions are generally designed for the majority of constituents in the Ashland University community.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains performance testing along with the document templates and ensures performance testing approach is consistent with the overall technical and business architecture of the university and complies with Ashland University IT and university policies.
- Participates in analyzing, testing, verification and validation of custom software and third-party package software implementation.
- Analyzes the impacts of proposed changes to technology services and/or performance for AU IT and other AU departments.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with project teams, AU IT colleagues, and client stakeholders.
- Provides specialist advice to and consults with appropriate IT personnel or others as appropriate on quality assurance issues and processes.
- Validates customized software, functional specifications and prototypes.
- Evaluates and recommends opportunities for test automation and creates automated testing scripts.
- Provides quality assurance testing and validation services to ensure information systems programs and projects meet organizational standards and end-user requirements.
- Creates test plans, scenarios and test cases, procures test data, executes tests, and documents results.
- Identifies, analyzes and documents bugs using a bug tracking system, verifies fixes, and follows the QA Test.
- Makes strategic recommendations to the Director of User Services.
- Works with student workers; mentoring, training, answering questions and troubleshooting issues.
- Bachelor's degree required, plus ten (10) years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education/certification/experience.
- Prefer Master's degree and associated certificates and accreditations related to workstation management, networking, information systems, customer service, etc.
- Prior experience working in multiple complex technology initiatives and teamwork.
- A+ Certification is required.
- Microsoft Certification (i.e., Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician), Dell Certification and/or Apple Certification(s) are required.
- Experience working with KACE (Quest KBox) Endpoint Systems Management Appliance.
- Technical experience with troubleshooting and repairing computer equipment at the university level is preferred.
- Proficiency utilizing and troubleshooting Windows Operating System and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet hard deadlines.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required as needed.
- Cell phone availability during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote campus locations and attend training as assigned.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.