Recruitment and Admissions Director - Ashland Theological Seminary
The Recruitment and Admissions Director has primary responsibility for developing and implementing recruitment, enrollment, and retention strategies to achieve enrollment goals for all Ashland Theological Seminary Centers. The position requires creativity, energy, and organization to succeed. Duties include leading the recruiting personnel and working cooperatively with the Seminary administration and faculty. Community engagement, application management, and communications are an integral part of the position. The Recruitment and Admissions Director reports to the Vice President/Executive Dean and serves as a part of the Seminary leadership team.
Ashland Theological Seminary (ATS) is a graduate division of Ashland University with the mission of equipping men and women for ministry. The Seminary is sponsored by the Brethren Church, whose Anabaptist and Pietist heritage shapes the core values of the Seminary. ATS is an evangelical and ecumenical institution, as well as a community of faith whose identity is shaped by its service to the scholarly community, the church, and the world. We embrace a diversity that finds its unity in Jesus Christ. We are committed to practicing justice in our engagement with one another and with the world. As partners in ministry and brothers and sisters in Christ, we strive to foster a redemptive community that lives by the values of God’s kingdom.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooperates with program leaders and directors to develop and implement recruitment strategies, promotional events and activities.
- Collects information about prospective students for follow up with Admissions, faculty and directors.
- Promotes ATS programs, distinctiveness and core values.
- Provides information about scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
- Works to formulate recruitment goals and develop multi-channel communication strategies to achieve these goals. Evaluates the effectiveness of various approaches utilized.
- Assists with formulating and executing a retention plan.
- Manages travel and represent the Seminary during visits for events, open houses, conferences, church-based events, etc.
- Assists with the development of marketing collateral and promotional materials for all programs.
- Manages application review and associated decision making processes.
- Interfaces with Seminary personnel (i.e.: faculty, dean, support staff, administrative staff).
- Carries out special projects and other duties as assigned.
- An earned Bachelor's or Master's degree is required.
- Two (2) years of admissions and enrollment experience preferred. Sales or marketing experience is also helpful.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and people skills, strong computer and organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically.
- Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques in a cross-cultural environment.
- Possess knowledge about the mission and vision of ATS, its programs, its Brethren Church tradition, and the ministry of theological education.
- Must be goal-oriented, motivated, and a self-starter who has the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Evening and weekend work is required for special events. This position requires a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check