Recruitment and Admissions Director, Ashland Theological Seminary
The Recruitment and Admissions Director has the primary responsibility of collaborating to develop and implement recruitment, retention, and enrollment strategies to achieve enrollment goals for all Ashland Theological Seminary (ATS) Centers located in Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, and Detroit, MI. This is a demanding position that requires creativity, energy, and organization to succeed. Duties involve leading personnel in Admissions Office and working cooperatively with ATS faculty, alumni, and leadership. This person will report to the President of ATS and serve the President’s Executive Leadership Team by attending meetings to provide technical assistance and updates. Potential candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and vision of ATS as well as a commitment to the Church. The person must be familiar with graduate theological education and the admissions process.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooperate with program leaders and directors to develop and implement recruitment strategies, promotional events and activities to educate prospective students about the value and benefits of theological education.
- Collect information about prospective students for follow up in admissions, faculty and directors.
- Help prospective students understand the role of theological seminary education and ATS programs, distinctiveness and core values.
- Provide information about ATS scholarships and other financial aid opportunities.
- Assist with formulating and executing a retention strategic plan.
- Work with Centers to formulate recruitment goals and develop multi-channel communication strategies to achieve these goals.
- Manage travel and represent ATS during visits for events, open houses, conferences, church-based events and retreats etc.
- Assist with the development of marketing collateral and promotional materials for all program areas.
- Conduct tele-counseling with prospective students.
- Manage application review and associated decision making.
- Interface with ATS personnel (i.e.: faculty, dean, support staff, administrative staff)
- Be proficient in the use of the Seminary 's Management Information System and Microsoft Office applications.
- Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, business or marketing preferred, and at least 2 years of admissions and enrollment experience.
- Sales or marketing background is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and people skills, strong computer and organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically.
- Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques in a cross-cultural environment.
- Possess knowledge about the mission and vision of Ashland Theological Seminary, its programs, its Brethren Church tradition, and the ministry of theological education.
- Evening and weekend work is required for special events. This position requires a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.