February 27, 2018 - 5:02pm -- jlaskey

Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator, Ashland Theological Seminary - Cleveland, OH Center

Position Summary:

The Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator, Ashland Theological Seminary (ATS), has the responsibility for daily recruitment and enrollment in cooperation with the Admissions Office. Responsibilities include diligent follow up of prospective students for the ATS Cleveland, Ohio Center, coordination of robust orientation and community life events, coordination of services to facilitate retention and enrollment according to the vision and values of ATS. This person is central in assisting the managing inquiries and applications in the Admissions Office. The Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator will be responsible for meeting territory and programmatic enrollment goals through the execution of these various approaches: travel to educational events about theological education, daily follow up with phone calls to prospective students, participation in open houses and preview events and communications with various constituents.

Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:

  • 80% of the job will be consumed by active outbound recruitment; the remaining 20% will be consumed by retention.
  • Demonstrate strong customer service orientation is a priority for this position.
  • Be knowledgeable about ATS programs, distinctiveness, scholarships, and financial aid opportunities. Be able to articulate same in a professional and consistent manner.
  • Assist supervisor with formulating a retention strategic plan.
  • Work with supervisor to develop territorial and programmatic recruitment goals and develop multi-channel communication strategies to achieve these goals.
  • Manage territorial travel and represent ATS during visits for events, open houses, and preview events and retreats.
  • Make sales phone calls.
  • Conduct tele-counseling with prospective students.
  • Manage application review and associated decision making.
  • Interface with ATS personnel (i.e.: faculty, dean, support staff, administrative staff).
  • Be proficient in the use of the Management Information System and Microsoft Office applications.
  • Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned.

Position Requirements:

  • Bachelor's degree required, business or marketing preferred, and at least 2 years of admissions and enrollment experience.
  • Sales or marketing background is preferred.
  • Must have excellent written and verbal communication and people skills, strong computer and organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically.
  • Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques in a cross-cultural environment.
  • Possess knowledge about the mission and vision of ATS, its programs, its Brethren Church tradition, and the ministry of theological education.
  • Evening and weekend work is required for special events. This position requires a valid driver's license and a good driving record.

A complete position description is on file with Human Resources.

Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.

Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator, Ashland Theological Seminary - Cleveland, OH Center
Request From: 
Dr. Mark Harden
Official Posting Date: 
Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 4:45pm
Operational Department: 
Ashland Theological Seminary
Shift Required: 
Employment Type: