June 8, 2018 - 3:58pm -- jlaskey

Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator, Ashland Theological Seminary - Columbus, OH Center

Position Summary:

Under the direction of the Recruitment and Admissions Director of the Ashland Theological Seminary (ATS), the Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator has the responsibility for daily admissions and enrollment. Responsibilities include diligent follow up of prospective students for ATS area locations, coordination of robust orientation and community life events, coordination of services to facilitate retention and enrollment according to the vision and values of ATS. This person is central in assisting the Recruitment and Admissions Director with the planning of recruitment and enrollment strategies.

Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:

  • 80% of the job will be active outbound recruitment; the remaining 20% will be Admissions office duties.
  • Demonstrates strong customer service orientation is a priority for this position.
  • Knowledgeable about ATS programs, distinctiveness, scholarships, and financial aid opportunities. Able to articulate same in a professional and consistent manner.
  • Assists supervisor with formulating a recruitment and admissions strategic plan.
  • Works with supervisor to develop territorial and programmatic recruitment goals and develop multi­-channel communication strategies to achieve these goals. Evaluates the effectiveness of various approaches utilized.
  • Manages territorial travel and represents ATS during visits for events, open houses, and preview events and retreats, etc.
  • Makes phone calls and conducts tele-counseling with prospective students.
  • Manages application review and associated decision making.
  • Interfaces with ATS personnel, (e.g. administration, faculty, staff).
  • Proficient in the use of the ATS Management Information System, Microsoft Office applications and other software programs.
  • Carries out special projects and other duties as assigned.

Position Requirements:

  • Bachelor's degree, business or marketing preferred, and at least 2 years of admissions and enrollment experience.
  • Sales or marketing background is preferred.
  • Must have excellent written and verbal communication and people skills, strong computer and organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically.
  • Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques in a cross-cultural environment.
  • Possess knowledge about the mission and vision of ATS, its programs, its Brethren Church tradition, and the ministry of theological education.
  • Evening and weekend work is required for special events. This position requires a valid driver's license and a good driving record.

Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.

Title: 
Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator, Ashland Theological Seminary - Columbus, OH Center
Request From: 
Dr. Mignon Jacobs
Official Posting Date: 
Friday, June 8, 2018 - 2:15pm
Operational Department: 
Ashland Theological Seminary
Shift Required: 
Varied
Employment Type: 
Full-Time