Reference and Curator Librarian
Ashland University seeks a Reference and Curator Librarian. This position provides reference service, course-integrated instruction, collection development, and curation. The Reference and Curator Librarian assists a robust program for reference services, instruction, outreach, and scholarly support. This position reports directly to the Library Director.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for special collection management activities, which include accessioning, descriptive access, digitization, and preservation for materials in the collection area.
- Provides oversight for the University Archivist.
- As a faculty librarian, serves as liaison to several academic departments to develop the collection and raise faculty awareness of Library resources and services.
- Engages in active service on faculty committees.
- Master of Library/Information Science (MLS) degree from an ALA-accredited program is required.
- Advanced degree or certificate in Museum Studies preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching and library outreach.
- Experience working with special collections.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of preparation of instructional materials and exhibition planning and installation.
- Knowledge of current preservation and conservation practices.
- Strong public service ethic.
Please submit a letter of application, current resume or CV, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.