The process of obtaining a peer tutor is easy and only takes a few minutes. However, before you actually make the request you should do two things:
- Speak with your professor concerning the learning issue you feel challenged by. Quite possibly, assistance could be provided immediately that would provide significant help.
- Touch base with your advisor. Again, they may know of something that would be enormously helpful. At the least, your ongoing discussions with you advisor will enrich the relationship you have and lead to better and better decisions being made over time.
Should you then desire a peer tutor, there are two easy steps:
- Complete the online “Request a Tutor” form below and submit.
We will be in touch with you very soon.
Preparation for your tutoring session
- Please be on time. If for any reason you are going to be late for a session or will not be there at all, please promptly get in contact with your tutor at least one hour before the session time to inform them of your status.
- Do as much of the assignment or task that you are capable of. By doing so, you will generate some specific questions or point to content that the peer tutor can focus on.
- Be aware the tutor is not to do the work for you. Completion of the assignment is your responsibility. The peer tutor will gladly assist you in developing a deeper understanding such that you can successfully achieve your objective.