Residence Life Coordinator - Office of Student and Residence Life
The Residence Life Coordinator is a 9 1/2 month live-in position responsible for the overall administration and operation of several residential units, overseeing approximately 400 (out of 1,500 total) residential students. Duties also include selection, training, supervision and evaluation of Resident Assistant staff and some campus programming responsibilities. This position serves an integral role within the Office of Student and Residence Life (OSRL) and is directly supervised by the Director of Residence Life and Student Conduct.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees residential administrative processes, including opening/closing halls, health and safety inspections, room changes, census reports, work orders, and on-duty and crisis management responsibilities.
- Selects, supervises, trains, and evaluates a staff of Resident Assistants.
- Assists with in-service planning and student leadership development initiatives.
- Plans, implements, and assesses programming based on Ashland University's student learning outcomes.
- Upholds all university policies and facilitates student conduct meetings in accordance with the Ashland University student code of conduct.
- Assists with housing lotteries and room assignments.
- Meets with students experiencing personal or academic challenges and facilitates connections with campus resources.
- Oversees communications from the Residence Life and Student Conduct emails.
- Collateral assignment (10 hours per week) with a functional area within the OSRL (Student Activities, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Student Leadership Development, Community Service, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree preferred.
- Live-in residency and supervision of multiple residential units required.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and non-traditional times.
- Serve as a responsible employee and Title IX mandatory reporter.
- Prior residence life or student development experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Colleague and eRezlife preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.