Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid - Correctional Education Program
Ashland University (AU) has been educating incarcerated students for over 50 years. In this new managerial position, the Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid will oversee the financial aid operations for AU's Correctional Education Program.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and trains multiple staff members.
- Oversees Federal Pell Grant and institutional funding offered to students.
- Monitors applications, verification, awarding, R2T4, and SAP processes.
- Visionary leader for a department that has the capacity to grow significantly in a short period of time.
- Successfully introduces and implements innovative ideas.
- Develops and implements effective policies and procedures.
- Collaborates effectively with a variety of individuals and offices to streamline operations.
- Trains personnel who work directly with students at the correctional sites to ensure they are knowledgeable of financial aid processes.
- Other assignments requested by the Director of Financial Aid.
- Bachelor's degree is required. The ideal candidate will possess a Master's degree.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of financial aid experience.
- Experience managing the Federal Pell Grant.
- Extensive knowledge of federal regulations, specifically regarding the Federal Pell Grant program and federal regulation compliance.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical/analytical skills; demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effectively utilizes data to compile reports and provide projections.
In lieu of clicking "Apply Now" below, please submit a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three (3) references to Jamie Jarvis, firstname.lastname@example.org and Stephen Howell, email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.