Senior Programmer Analyst - Information Technology
The Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for analysis, design, programming and support of Enterprise data across Ashland University. This position works under the direction of Assistant Director, IT Enterprise Data for Enterprise data integration. This position will provide a wide range of evolving customer service, technical support, updates, and user operations. Additionally, they will provide analyses, design, modification, programming, documentation, and support of assigned business systems in an efficient and economical manner. The position will support AU portal, policy software, Slate, SharePoint and SoftDocs, and other data systems.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs analysis, design, implementation, and support of assigned applications.
- Oversees the development, testing, implementation, maintenance and supports campus data software.
- Works with vendors to get installs, firmware updates, and ongoing issues resolved.
- Leverages business processes and data knowledge to match requirements to appropriate solutions.
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data policies and procedures under guidance of the director.
- Collaborates with AU staff to analyze requirements, design specifications, develop code, test, troubleshoot, and implement programs into production system.
- Communicates at all levels as a key factor for success utilizing technical documentation, emails, meetings, and client updates.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field) is required.
- Master's degree and associated certificates and accreditations related to Information Systems, customer service, etc. preferred.
- Five (5) years working with users in requirements gathering, developing, and implementing reports and developing documentation in higher education required.
- Solid understanding of database and data warehouse concepts.
- Proven leadership in a successful, customer-centric IT environment.
- Experience with Ellucian (Colleague), Microsoft (SharePoint etc.), Transact, and SoftDocs products preferred.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with knowledge of computer applications for data analysis and report development.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced skills in the use of troubleshooting and repair technology applications.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet hard deadlines.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment with some lifting and hauling of equipment up to sixty (60) lbs.
- Some weekend and evening working hours required as needed.
- This is not a remote position; requires employee to be onsite.
- Availability via cell phone during normal working hours and after hours is a requirement of this position.
- Valid driver's license is required along with the ability to drive to remote campus locations and attend training as assigned.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.