Site Director, Lafourche Parish Jail (LA) - Correctional Education
The full-time Site Director provides administrative support for Ashland University's Correctional Education Program for incarcerated students at the Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex located in Thibodaux, LA, and Transitional Work Program located in Raceland, LA. Reports directly to the Correctional Education Program's Associate Director of Louisiana Programs. Work site is within Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex and Transitional Work Program and the Site Director is required to work both at the facilities and remotely when necessary.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between the Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex and Transitional Work Program and Ashland University.
- Works with Associate Director of Louisiana Programs to ensure the identification, screening, and recruiting of students aligns with Department goals.
- Assists students in completion of all necessary admission documents.
- Assists students with financial aid processes, including FAFSA, etc.
- With the Executive Director of Correctional Education Operations, projects enrollment goals and class sizes each semester.
- Assists students with course registration each semester.
- Maintains site inventory of tablets, student textbooks, and instructional supplies.
- Distributes equipment and materials to students and maintains a record of what has been provisioned.
- Maintains student privacy and record keeping according to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Monitors attendance and faculty interaction with students.
- Conducts and documents weekly meetings with individual students to review attendance, GPA, academic standards, academic progress, forms, etc.
- Assists students with accessing extracurricular activities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Experience working in correctional education preferred.
- Experience working in higher education strongly preferred.
- Ability to use Learning Management System software.
- Computer skills with ability to troubleshoot as well as operate most office programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in advising and/or training others.
- Ability to solve problems is critical.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Organization and management skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and transport course materials, textbooks, and tablets as needed.
- Local travel required with some occasional non-local travel involved.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.