Site Director, St. Marys Correctional Center (WV) - Correctional Education
The Site Director provides administrative support for Ashland University's Correctional Education Program for incarcerated students at the St. Marys Correctional Center in St. Marys, WV. Reports directly to the Director of Correctional Education Program. Work site is within St. Marys Correctional Center and Site Director is required to work both at the facility and remotely when necessary.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between the St. Marys Correctional Center and Ashland University.
- Works with Director of Correctional Education Program to ensure the identification, screening and recruiting of students aligns with the department goals.
- Assists students in completion of all necessary admission documents.
- Assists students with financial aid processes, including FAFSA, etc.
- With the Director of Correctional Education Program, projects enrollment goals and class sizes each semester.
- Assists students with course registration each semester.
- Maintains site inventory of tablets, student textbooks, and materials.
- Distributes equipment and materials to students and maintains a record of what has been provisioned.
- Maintains student privacy and record keeping according to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Monitors attendance and faculty interaction with students.
- Conducts and documents weekly meetings with individual students to review attendance, GPA, academic standards, academic progress, forms, etc.
- Assists students with accessing extracurricular activities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Experience working in correctional education preferred; experience working in higher education strongly preferred.
- Ability to use Learning Management System software.
- Strong computer and office skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in advising and/or training.
- Adherence to deadlines, including organization and management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems is critical.
- Ability to lift and transport course materials, textbooks and tablets as needed.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.