Student Programs Coordinator - Ashbrook Center
The Student Programs Coordinator is responsible for many of the administrative tasks associated with the undergraduate and high school programs of the Ashbrook Center. This position reports to the Student Programs Manager. The Ashbrook Center, an independent center at Ashland University, restores and strengthens the capacities of the American people for constitutional self-government. Since 1983, Ashbrook has demonstrated an extraordinary track record of success by building and refining a series of high-quality programs that impact teachers and students.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes tasks associated with the recruitment of students for the undergraduate and high school programs of the Ashbrook Center including email and online marketing, mailings, scheduling meetings and interviews with prospective students, and assisting with recruitment events.
- Maintains a database of prospective students for the undergraduate and high school programs of the Ashbrook Center and assist the Student Programs Manager in maintaining contact at regular intervals with students who have shown interest.
- Performs general office duties necessary in the day-to-day operations of the undergraduate and high school programs of the Ashbrook Center including expense reports, check requests, and budget transfers.
- Maintains all pertinent data in Ashland University's Hobsons prospective student database.
- Participates in regular meetings with the Student Programs Manager and Ashbrook Scholar Program co-directors.
- Assists the Student Programs Manager with logistical support for the undergraduate and high school programs of the Ashbrook Center including handling matters related to student housing, class scheduling, disciplinary matters, internship applications, and career development.
- Meets with and discuss the undergraduate and high school programs of the Ashbrook Center with prospective students when the Student Programs Manager is unavailable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in an office environment in an administrative capacity.
- The ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative, to ensure the completion of time-sensitive projects.
- Strong organizational skills to facilitate the coordination of multiple tasks, able to prioritize, and pay keen attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort and familiarity with technology, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and expertise in Word and Excel.
- Good judgment and maturity.
- Commitment to the mission of the Ashbrook Center.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.