Student Records Clerk - Correctional Education Program
As an integral part of the Correctional Education Records team, the Student Records Clerk performs data entry, information verification, as well as handles routine requests for student records, transcripts, and related information.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes initial student electronic and paper files.
- Processes name changes and updates other academic and demographic information in electronic files. Processes student data changes in registration.
- Provides transcripts, enrollment verification, and degree certifications by mail, facsimile, or telephone according to prescribed procedures.
- Maintains files in proper order; pulls records for processing and refiles.
- Assists with records retention processes as they pertain to individual student files. Assists with digitization of records.
- Assists in the distribution and collection of forms, including but not limited to admissions, release of records, FERPA waivers, petitions for degrees, etc.
- Assists in other areas as requested.
- Associates degree required; bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a high volume office.
- Experience with Colleague or like student information and reporting system is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records.
- Excellent customer service skills, organizational and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Strong computer skills required with proficiency of related software applications.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of customer service and confidentiality.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.