Transcript Evaluation Coordinator - Correctional Education
Under the supervision of the Director of Records and Advising - Correctional Education, the Transcript Evaluation Coordinator serves the department's students throughout their educational life cycle and is the official source of information about the student's transferred academic work. The Transcript Evaluation Coordinator requests, receives, and maintains all transcripted work from secondary and post-secondary institutions as well as test scores, accuracy and in compliance with University Policy. This position will be the manager of all student's prior academic work and acts as the liaison between all University affected personnel and departments.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately evaluates credit amounts, including transfer credit, life experience, and non-accredited education.
- Researches previous college work through National Student Clearinghouse.
- Requests syllabus from external parties when requested by department chairs.
- Calculates transfer grade point average.
- Requests and processes all high school transcripts or completion certificates.
- Requests and processes all post-secondary transcripts.
- Works cooperatively with the Assistant Directors of Admissions Processing and Records and Advising on current and future student enrollments.
- Researches course equivalencies through external databases (TES) and Ashland University course catalog to make curricula-based determination of appropriate Ashland University academic credit.
- Works cooperatively with the Ashland University Office of the Registrar to maintain industry standards in articulation and records management in Colleague and TES.
- Works cooperatively with Ashland University faculty to accurately reflect departmental academic credit decisions.
- Serves as the primary liaison and resource for inquiries regarding course equivalencies.
- Interviews, hires, and manages all student workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in higher education required, preferably in a Registrar's office.
- Experience with Colleague or similar student information and reporting system is preferred.
- Understanding of higher education institutional processes, requirements and policies is preferred.
- Preferred experience with evaluating policies and procedures.
- Ability to conduct independent research utilizing strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of customer service and confidentiality.
- Ability to work additional hours, including evenings and weekends. May require occasional travel.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding and/or available budget dollars.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.