Undergraduate Admissions Representative
The Department of Undergraduate Admissions at Ashland University seeks applicants for the position of Admissions Representative.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary contact for prospective traditional freshmen students and their influencers within a specific geographic recruitment area.
- Travel to visit high schools in assigned recruitment area.
- Travel to attend college day/night programs within assigned recruitment area.
- Assist with campus visit programs throughout the year.
- Serve as a liaison to an academic college and other campus offices for new student recruitment purposes.
- Conduct on-campus admission personal and group visits and presentations to prospective students and their guests.
- Review of completed applications in specific recruitment area and make appropriate admission decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Previous work in admissions preferred but not required.
- Effective interpersonal and public speaking communication skills.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends or as needed.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Evidence of collaboration within a campus community.
- Able to communicate with a wide variety of individuals both on and off campus.
- Willingness to travel extensively during the fall and spring months.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Willingness and ability to serve in this position for at least 18 months.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.