Veteran Services Enrollment Specialist - Student Affairs
The Veteran Services Enrollment Specialist will process enrollment certifications for Ashland University's student veterans and assist the Admissions staff in recruiting new student veterans for both undergraduate and graduate programs. In addition, this position will serve as a School Certifying Official and will provide certification services to our benefit-eligible students.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists benefit recipients in applying for education benefits. Responsible for interpreting and explaining VA regulations and analyzing how VA policy changes impact Ashland policies and procedures.
- Designs and implements solutions for organization and processing VA benefit certification.
- Oversees and evaluates the requirements for receipt of VA benefits by analyzing and monitoring enrollment, the student financial account, financial aid, and academic records of each benefit recipient.
- Maintains records, academic programs, previous and current transcripts for all benefit recipients. Makes records available for OVA and SAA reviews/audits.
- Monitors academic progress of benefit recipients each semester to ensure satisfactory academic progress and report to the VA any unsatisfactory progress.
- Recruits, interviews, and enrolls new military and veteran students.
- Assists with GI Bill Certifications (Post 9/11 and Voc Rehab), as well as strictly adhere to all VA requirements, policies, and processes regarding the institution's VA approval.
- Works with school staff to coordinate and promote student recruitment, enrollment, retention, and student success.
- Utilizes recruitment databases and prepare computerized reports to guide and increase enrollment, retention and success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or some combination of higher education and military experience.
- Must have excellent knowledge of U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Education Benefits.
- Military experience; veteran status preferred.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of diverse social and economic backgrounds.
- Solid work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential documents.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Some travel may be required.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.