Enter to win a Rover college scholarship
At Rover.com, we match pet parents with a nationwide network of dog lovers for hire, offering pet sitting, in-home dog boarding, and dog walking.
In short, we’re suckers for all things cute and slobbery. But we have a serious side, too! Connecting pet parents with loving dog sitters across the country is something we do with the gusto of a pug snout-deep in a jar of peanut butter. This wouldn’t be possible without the rapid growth of the sharing economy, which Rover is proud to be part of.
Are you an Uber aficionado? An Airbnb connoisseur? Then chances are, you know more about the sharing economy than you realize.
Don’t know what the sharing economy is? Here’s a crash course. Whether you’re an expert or a newbie, we’re looking for your perspective.
How to enter:
In 400-500 words, answer the following question:
- How do you feel about the rising popularity of sharing economy companies such as Airbnb, Rover, Uber, and Lyft? Tell us how you think the sharing economy will impact the future of the travel industry.
To be eligible:
- You need to be a resident of the United States.
- You must be a graduating high school senior or currently a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college. We reserve the right to verify date of high school graduation and/or college enrollment.
- You can’t be related to anyone on the Rover staff.
Entry is subject to the official rules and conditions, which you can access here. As further set forth in the official rules, your entry grants us full permission to republish and otherwise freely use your entry materials and your name and likeness in order to prompt Rover or other third parties.
How do you win?
Contestants will be judged by an independent panel consisting of three (3) professionals in the sharing economy space, with parameters based on the following criteria:
- 50% = Thoughtfulness of response
- 30% = Relevance to prompt
- 10% = Grammatical accuracy
- 10% = Quality of composition
We will choose and notify our winner by June 30, 2015, and we’ll mail him or her a $1,000 check. Check the Rover blog for an announcement of the winner!