Federal Stafford Loan Exit Counseling
Borrowers of Federal Stafford Loans who are no longer enrolled at least half-time at Ashland University must complete federally-mandated exit counseling as soon as they cease enrollment. This is a federal regulation and applies to all students who have graduated, officially withdrawn, dropped below half-time enrollment, transferred to another institution or simply ceased attendance at Ashland University.
To Complete Exit Counseling:
- Have your Federal PIN ready (if you lost your PIN, go to www.pin.ed.gov to apply for a new one)
- Go to www.nslds.ed.gov and complete Exit Counseling
- To learn who your loan servicer(s) is and how to contact them directly with repayment questions, follow the “Financial Aid Review” link at www.nslds.ed.gov.
- To view repayment plans, loan calculators, deferment and forgiveness options, go to www.studentloans.gov under “Managing Repayment.”
- To learn about loan consolidation, go to www.studentloans.gov under “Tools and Resources.”
- If you have further questions after completing your counseling session, please contact our office at 419.289.5002 and ask to speak to your Financial Aid Counselor.
Ashland University is required as a part of Stafford Loan Exit Counseling to inform you that the average loan indebtedness of an Ashland University graduate is $22,106 and the average monthly loan payment is $254. Listed below are additional sample total loan amounts and the approximate payment due each month on a ten-year Standard Repayment Plan at a 6.8 percent interest rate.
|Amount Borrowed||Monthly Payment||Total Interest Paid||Total Principal & Interest Paid|