Office of Institutional Effectiveness Mission Statement
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness provides leadership, assistance and support for Ashland University’s continuous planning, assessment, and evaluation efforts. As the official source of university data, OIE conducts a comprehensive program of data collection, analysis and reporting to facilitate data-informed decision making that leads to institutional improvement and enhanced student learning. Ultimately, the role of OIE is to demonstrate the extent to which Ashland University is fulfilling its mission and realizing its vision.
The primary responsibilities of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness include:
- Serve as the university's primary data source for accountability reports to Federal and State governments, and various educational and commercial agencies. Ensure the integrity of data reported.
- Provide accurate and timely research and analysis of institutional data to the campus community for the purpose of guiding institutional decisions and support student success.
- Lead, coordinate and provide guidance to departments regarding the outcomes assessment process and the reporting associated with the activities/process.
- Provide leadership throughout the University's accreditation process and support the research and evaluation efforts of administrative offices and academic departments on campus.
- Support institutional assessment through the administration of assessment tools and the analysis and interpretation of data collected.
- Facilitate the development and monitor the progress of the institution's strategic planning efforts.
- Support academic and non-academic program review activities.