Clinical/Clergy/Public Service Personnel
Registration at 8:30 a.m.
Workshop 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Registration at 5:30 p.m.
Workshop 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
*3.0 Contact Hours for Nursing
*3.0 Clock Hours for Social Service
To register, visit http://bit.ly/1THxHBc
This program will provide healthcare professional's knowledge on suicide as we ascertain statistics, risks, signs and symptoms, and enhance the clinician's ability to provide appropriate care for the attempted suicide patient and how to interact with the grieving.
- Define suicide
- Recognize signs and symptoms of suicide in the patient/client
- Discuss how to respond to the patient/client who is suicidal and the family that is grieving
- Discuss the impact a suicide has on the family and friends and their increased risk of suicide
- Introduction - Pre, Inter, Postvention
- Making it personal
- Postvention - Suicide Grievers
- Why? Questions
- Where are they? Faith issues
- Who will give support? Group
- The Families Speak
Samaritan Regional Health System (OH-146/3-1-18) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91) and an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Criteria for successful completion include attendance of the entire event and completion of an evaluation form.
The presenters have no real or perceived conflicts of interest relating to this event.
Samaritan Regional Health System is an approved provider of social work clock hours. Approved provider #RSX070603.
This event is sponsored by the Samaritan Hospital Foundation, in collaboration with the Mental Health & Recovery Board.