A Living Learning Community is a group of students who take several courses together and live near one another during their first year on campus. Research results at programs across the United States show that students who take part in a learning community earn higher grades, make friends faster and graduate at higher and faster rates than students who don't participate.
When you arrive on campus in August you’ll want to feel at home, connect quickly and succeed in the classroom.
Living Learning Communities (LLCs) are designed for exactly that. By bringing first-year students together to form a collaborative network, Living Learning Communities facilitate a smooth transition to college life and provide a few nice extras, too.
Why Participate in the College of Arts & Sciences Alliance (CASA) LLC?
- Live in the same residence hall with other CASA community members.
- Get involved, meet people and make friends.
- Enjoy going to classes because your CASA friends are there.
- Find help and encouragement informally through networking with peers.
- Register before other first year students and get the best selection of spring courses.
- Participation is free. There is no cost to join the LLC.
The Benefits of the CASA Living & Learning Community
- You and the other students in CASA are enrolled in two courses together in the fall and one course together in the spring. Each of these courses fulfills a core requirement for graduation. Finding a study partner has never been so easy!
- CASA is an excellent way to make new friends. As part of a community of no more than 26 students, you and your community members will share learning experiences, residence hall living experiences and out-of-class activities, leading you to support one another's academic success.
- Faculty mentors will be there to help you acclimate to Ashland University and for help or advice.
- Engage in social opportunities such as board game night, an escape room, Madrigal Feaste (Renaissance dinner theater), hikes/picnics, pizza and movie nights with your CASA friends.
Who Can Join?
Questions about the CASA Living Learning Community?
Only 26 spaces are available - SECURE YOUR PLACE TODAY!