Sponsored by the Ashland Center for Nonviolence
How do you envision individuals, families, schools and communities celebrating Peace with the Earth? Why is this an important goal to strive for and what are the different ways that we can honor, respect, cherish and protect the Earth? What are the obstacles to achieving this and what can be done about them?
The contest theme is: “Peace with the Earth”
Art is a powerful way of sharing a student’s vision. Students from Kindergarten to twelfth grade are encouraged to think and create imaginatively, to offer a personal response to what “Peace with the Earth” means to them.
- The contest is open to all students in grades kindergarten through twelve, including students from private and public schools, as well as homeschooled students.
- ACN Steering Committee members and their relatives are ineligible.
- Only one piece per student.
- Entry may be a painting, drawing, collage, photograph or other 2-dimensional work no larger than 16”x20”.
- The art work must reflect the students’ original thoughts and imagery.
- If you wish to submit a digital file, photos or scanned images of artwork must be submitted in JPEG format (high resolution). Files may be emailed to Kim Chartier at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent on CD.
- Your school may be collecting entries. Check with your teacher or principal. Otherwise, entries should be delivered to the Ashland Center for Nonviolence on the Ashland University campus (Bixler Hall, Room 116) and should be accompanied by a Contest Entry Form. Please call before coming to the office: 419.289.5313 or leave artwork in box outside the office.
- Artists must include a sentence or two about the content of their work on the Entry Form and Permission Slip.
- Artwork will be judged on how it best exemplifies “Peace with the Earth”
- Entries must be received by 5pm on April 13, 2018.
A first place prize and multiple runner-up prizes will be given in each group of the following groups:
- K - 2nd grade
- 3rd - 5th grade
- 6th - 8th grade
- 9th - 12th grade
* Artwork will be displayed and prize winners will be recognized at the ACN Earth Day Event at Audubon Wetlands Preserve on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 10 a.m..
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
ACN reserves the right to reproduce any entry; entries may be picked up from the ACN office in Bixler Hall 116 after April 23. Please call before coming to the office: 419.289.5313.