PURSUE YOUR PASSION
with Ashland University Music & Theatre
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22 at 1 p.m.
High school students are invited to spend an afternoon and evening with the Ashland University Music & Theatre faculty and students.
The day will include:
- A welcome from the department chair and an admissions representative
- Workshops with AU Music and Theatre faculty (select two)
- What is Music? A Brief Introduction to the Mysteries of Music History
How would you define music? Why is it important to you? Thinkers throughout history have wrestled with these sticky questions. See how your responses compare to the greats of music history and how attitudes to music have changed over time - the results may surprise you!
- All Modes Lead to Music
How can you learn music? How does anyone learn anything? There's more than one way to get there. Come and find out the many pathways to musical success!
PANIC - Auditioning and Interviewing for University Theatre ProgramsSo you want to major or minor in Theatre and the school wants you to prepare an audition or interview. In this workshop, we will explore what makes a great audition and interview; what materials need to be collected and prepared; and how to craft a professional theatrical resume. If you have a memorized monologue, we can coach you on making it stronger.
Act Before You Think: The Values of A First Rate Actor
Maybe your parents taught you to think before you act? Now, let’s act before we think! Explore the inspiring values of a first rate actor that give the beginning thespian a solid base from which to grow and develop his or her talent. These values will come alive through the experience of group exercises and simple scene work.
- Dinner with students at AU's award-winning dining facility
- A live performance of Lillian Hellman's The Autumn Garden, or an Ashland Symphony Orchestra concert featuring Dr. Thomas Reed, Professor of Music, as clarinet soloist
- A post-performance discussion with faculty and students
- An overnight stay in a residence hall for those seeking the total AU experience (optional)
Register below for the FREE event by Friday, October 14. Spaces are limited so reserve your seat soon!
For more information: contact Dr. Teresa Durbin-Ames at 419.289.5821 or firstname.lastname@example.org.