Welcome to Ashland University!
Admission to the Department of Music requires an entrance audition which also determines a variety of talent-based scholarships for majors, minors and participants. For strong scholarship consideration, all scholarship auditions must be completed by March 18 prior to the proposed academic year of enrollment. All department majors, minors and ensemble participants are eligible, but a limited number of awards are available.
Prospective students must complete the formal Ashland University application process and be accepted to the University before they can be awarded a scholarship. It is highly recommended that students complete the Ashland University Application for Admission prior to an audition. Please refer to the checklist page for details about applying to the Department of Music and for auditioning information which includes:
- Apply for admission to Ashland University
- Complete the music forms
- Choose your audition pieces
- Schedule or upload your audition
- Schedule a Skype interview at firstname.lastname@example.org (Only required for music education majors auditioning via upload)
Ensemble auditions for students not completing a scholarship audition are held in summer and fall; contact the ensemble director or email email@example.com for more information. No audition is required for Marching Band.
Some students may be able to test out of some of the freshman courses for music majors and minors.
- For information on the placement test for Music 271, Music Theory and Aural Skills 1, click HERE.
- For information on the placement test for Music 211-212, Piano Class 1-2, click HERE.
- To schedule a placement exam, contact the Music Department at 419.289.5100, or email Cathy Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To inquire about testing out of a course not listed above, contact Dr. Tom Reed at email@example.com