The major in music provides a thorough education in music within the context of a liberal arts education. Studies include music performance, history and literature, music theory and aural skills. The curriculum is designed to prepare the student for study at the graduate level.
What You’ll Love About the Music Program:
- Through elective courses, you can focus your study on performance, music theory, or music history depending on your career interests.
- You will study with professors who give extensive individual mentoring and specialized attention.
- Music scholarships are available for Music majors, minors and participants.
- You have the opportunity to perform with the Ashland University bands and choirs.
- Recent international tours have included performances in Germany, Italy, Austria and Spain.
- Faculty members are excellent mentors to individual students and outstanding classroom teachers. Through performance preparation, travel and concerts, professors and students form a tight-knit community.