The Music Education major provides professional preparation for students who desire to become music teachers. Students in the program benefit from our strong emphasis on individual mentoring, development of classroom and musical skills and our extensive field experiences. Students are trained in instrumental, vocal and general music.
What You’ll Love About the Music Education Program:
- Music Education majors gain valuable experience through field experience courses in each year of their program, culminating in student internship and teacher licensure.
- Student Internship and other field experiences are all supervised by members of the Music Education faculty, which allows extensive mentoring.
- Music Education faculty members have extensive experience teaching in elementary and secondary schools.
- Music scholarships are available for Music majors, minors and participants.
- You have the opportunity to perform with the Ashland University bands and choirs.
- Recent international tours have included performances in Germany, Italy, Austria and Spain.
- Ashland University’s College of Education is nationally recognized as one of the best teacher preparation programs in the state.
- Faculty members are excellent mentors to individual students and outstanding classroom teachers. Through performance preparation, travel and concerts, professors and students form a tight-knit community.