In the Gallery...
Support AU Art!
By donating any amount you're making a big difference in our department's future. To designate your gift to the art department, select “Other” in the "Designated Options" and type the department's name in the associated box.
Join the Ashland University Art + Design Department on May 11 for the 2019 college campus studio experience for current high school students with an interest in pursuing art.
Ashland University Center for the Arts from 9:15 a.m.—4:00 p.m.
Free to High School Students Lunch and art materials provided.
- Learn from experienced college instructors who are also working artists
- Meet other students with a serious interest in art
- Learn or finesse existing skills
- Investigate a new medium or area
- Experience a classroom studio work environment
- Have your questions answered about studying the visual arts in college.
- What do Ashland’s visual art graduates do after college?
APPLY ONLINE - https://coburngallery.wufoo.com.mx/forms/z10877x0taxdc1/
APPLICATION DEADLINE April 16, 2019
Students may attend two workshops*.
Sculpture - Printmaking & Illustration -Digital Art & Graphic Design- Painting -Ceramics -Figure Drawing
For more information about the AU Art Department Campus Art Experience-
Call 419.289.5190 or email email@example.com
*Workshop availability based on student interests.
Art at Ashland University
Our approach to the field is comprehensive and contemporary. Within the context of a liberal arts education and under the direction of talented and dedicated professors, you will stretch your abilities and become the artist or teacher you dream of becoming.
One-on-one attention from professors is a hallmark of the Art Department and an advantage of our classes that are purposely kept small. A dedicated faculty member who is a practicing artist oversees each artistic discipline and each discipline has devoted studio space.
What you will enjoy about our art programs:
- Studio disciplines that each have a dedicated faculty member and space devoted to creation
- Many opportunities to show your work
- Coburn Gallery exhibitions of the works of contemporary artists
- Learning to think critically and solve problems creatively
- Courses that fully prepare you to pursue graduate studies