Alpha Beta Phi Chapter
Sigma Tau Delta is a National English Honor Society. In addition to conferring distinction for high achievement in English language and literature, the Society’s Articles of Incorporation call for “service to society by fostering literacy.” Ashland University’s chapter strives to build student-professor relationships outside of the classroom, serve as leaders in the English department and foster literacy in the Ashland community.
Qualifications for Membership
To apply to Sigma Tau Delta, you must meet the following requirements:
- Sophomore standing or higher
- 3.0 minimum GPA in at least TWO English classes beyond English 102
- You DO NOT need to have an English major or minor to be a member of Sigma Tau Delta. We welcome all who love literature and writing to join.
Application for Membership
Please contact Dr. Hilary Donatini for an application (email@example.com).
Duties of Membership
Members of Sigma Tau Delta participate in the following ways:
- Attend approximately two chapter meetings a semester
- Fulfill duties by volunteering or assignment for one of Sigma Tau Delta’s student committees
- May take a leadership position
- Attend Sigma Tau Delta events, such as outings to see plays or baseball games and Hob Nob game nights, which aim to build relationships with students and faculty members
- Note: as a member of Sigma Tau Delta, you will receive discounts on Sigma Tau Delta sponsored activities and trips with the English department.