Earn your degree in one of the most in-demand scientific fields of study.
An Environmental Science major at Ashland University is an interdisciplinary foundation in sciences suited to a broad range of promising career options. Our environmental science majors focusing on chemistry receive best possible preparation for graduate studies or the workplace.
Environmental Science is interdisciplinary because environmental issues are interdisciplinary. Want an example? Think of the Gulf oil spill! How will this environmental change proceed, how will it affect organisms and ecosystems, and how do these changes affect human populations? Right now biologists, chemists, and geologists are working together with a broad range of professionals in engineering, economics, and policy to understand and manage this far-reaching problem.
What You’ll Love About the Environmental Science Program:
- Personal attention from professors
- Professors who are committed to excellence in teaching
- Emphasis on development of strong writing and research skills
- A new 2,500 square foot greenhouse and expanded research facilities
- Undergraduates work with state-of-the-art equipment
- Environmental Lecture Series offers opportunities to network with professionals
- Year-round lecture series in Biology/Toxicology and Chemistry/Geology/Physics
- Five environmental preserves used by classes and for directed-research projects
- Opportunities to undertake research as early as your freshman year
- Many students present their research findings at professional conferences
- Opportunities for grant-supported full-time summer research internships