Dr. Mitchell Metzger
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2003. Has served as chair for the Department of Psychology since 2007 and has served as chair of Criminal Justice and Social Work since 2016
- Teaches General Psychology I, Introduction to Research Methods, Advanced Research in Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Theories and Principles of Learning, Physiological Psychology and Neuropsychology
- Graduate training was in biopsychology, where he researched animal models of memory function, specifically investigating processes involved in retrograde amnesia. Current research is in the area of memory modulation, and factors involved in forgetting
- Has published more than 20 peer-reviewed journal articles in such outlets as Psychobiology, Physiology & Behavior, Neurobiology of Learning & Memory and Perceptual & Motor Skills and serves as a manuscript reviewer for a number of journals and publishers
- Earned Ashland University’s Mentor Award twice (2006 & 2010), the Outstanding Male Faculty Award (2010), the National Society of Leadership and Success' Excellence in Teaching Award (2010), the Ohio Magazine Excellence in Education Award (2011) and has twice been nominated for the Taylor Teaching Award
I work in...
One of the most popular college majors across all university campuses, the science of Psychology provides a glimpse into human thought and behavior. The Psychology Department offers both a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Science degree, which provides flexibility for... Read More
As a criminal justice major at Ashland University you will not only explore a fascinating curriculum that is highly relevant today, but you will take part in field experiences that give you in-depth knowledge of the criminal justice system, investigation methods, the courts... Read More
Reach your goals with a career in social work.
If you have a passion for helping others improve their lives and their communities, social work is an excellent choice. As a licensed professional, you will have excellent job prospects in areas such as mental health, health,... Read More