Dr. Sue Dickson
Associate Professor of Religion
Rinehart Center for Religious Studies
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2007 and teaches primarily in the area of Practical Theology, including courses such as Exploring the Bible, Exploring World Religions, Short Term Missions, Advanced Old Testament, World Christianity, Christian Formation, and Christian Literature
- Areas of academic emphasis: Missions, Social Justice, Short-term Missions, World Christianity, Gospel and Culture
- Ordained Presbyterian minister; from 1986-2007 served as pastor in churches in the Midwest, Southwest, and Ohio
- Taught religious studies from 1992-2004 at the University of Texas, El Paso
- Has served the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) at the local, regional, and national levels as Hunger Action Enabler, translator (Spanish/English), TESOL, immigrant ministries, and in Social Witness Policy development
- Continues to serve as a mission co-worker in Short-term Missions internationally (East Africa, Latin America, Asia)
Columbia Theological Seminary, D. Min.
University of Dubuque Theological Seminary, M. Div.
Indiana University, B.A.
The Ashland Area Chorus (AAC), under the direction of Libby...Read more
Ashland Area Community Concert Band rehearsals are held on Tuesday...Read more
The 1st Annual Ashland University Festival of Bands to be...Read more