The Bachelor of Music with a major in Music Performance is for students that want pre-professional training focused on musical performance. Students must show a high level of preparation on their major instrument or voice, and strong overall musical potential to enter the program. The program is designed to prepare students for performing, teaching, or graduate programs.
What You’ll Love About the Music Performance Major:
- You will receive extensive mentoring from our applied music faculty, who all have extensive experience as both performers and teachers
- You will have extensive opportunities to perform with our excellent large and small ensembles
- You may have the opportunity to travel and perform internationally with the Department of Music. Recent trips have included several Jazz Orchestra trips to Spain, and University Choir trips to Italy, Germany, Italy and Austria.
- You will study a solid curriculum of musicianship study including Music Theory, Aural Skills, Music History, and Conducting
- You will take elective courses in music to develop skills in areas that interest you
- Music scholarships are available, which are add-on awards to the financial aid package
- The Department has a strong sense of community, which is shared by faculty and students alike
- There are five full-time and 17 part-time faculty members, each with their own area of musical expertise