203, Center for the Humanities of Bixler Hall
Center for the Humanities (Bixler Hall)
401 College Ave.
Ashland, OH 44805
Classes you may take include:
- Introduction to French Literature. Explore the literature and literary movements in France since the Middle Ages.
- Conversational French. Develop conversational fluency beyond the level of basic language classes.
The Department of Foreign Languages offers a B.A. in French and Spanish and a B.S.Ed. in French and Spanish that leads to teacher licensure for all levels (PreK-12).
- The four-year guarantee is available for all majors within the department. The B.A. in French or Spanish can be completed in three years.
- You can combine a major in a foreign language with a second major and still graduate in four years. With careful planning, a triple-major is possible in that time frame.
- Many of our courses fulfill core requirements (e.g. literature courses – humanities, civilization courses – social sciences).
- Through our carefully articulated language curriculum based on national standards, we help you achieve a high level of proficiency. You can present your skills to future employers with confidence, knowing that you stack up favorably against candidates across the United States.
- You will participate annually in a unique portfolio assessment process of your skills and knowledge that focuses on your individual academic growth and success.
- You'll develop real-life communication skills that allow you to express yourself and understand what the people of other cultures say and write, as well as the background underlying those forms of communication.
- All classes are taught by your professors, not by graduate students or teaching assistants, so you will experience high-quality teaching by experts who will give you individual attention.