203, Center for the Humanities of Bixler Hall
Center for the Humanities (Bixler Hall)
401 College Ave.
Ashland, OH 44805
Interesting classes you may take include:
Survey of Latin American Literature. Explore the milestones in Latin American literature from its beginnings to the present time.
Conversational Spanish 1. Apply grammatical concepts learned in the basic language program and improve your conversational fluency.
Civilization in Spain. Examine the past and contemporary times through the lenses of history, literature, art and music.
The Department of Foreign Languages offers a B.A. in French and Spanish and a B.S.Ed. in French and Spanish that leads to teacher licensure for all levels (PreK-12).
- The four-year guarantee is available for all majors within the department. The B.A. in French or Spanish can be completed in three years.
- You can combine a major in a foreign language with a second major and still graduate in four years. With careful planning, a triple-major is possible in that time frame.
- Many of our courses fulfill core requirements (e.g. literature courses – humanities, civilization courses – social sciences).
- Through our carefully articulated language curriculum based on national standards, we help you achieve a high level of proficiency. You can present your skills to future employers with confidence, knowing that you stack up favorably against candidates across the United States.
- You will participate annually in a unique portfolio assessment process of your skills and knowledge that focuses on your individual academic growth and success.
- You'll develop real-life communication skills that allow you to express yourself and understand what the people of other cultures say and write, as well as the background underlying those forms of communication.
- All classes are taught by your professors, not by graduate students or teaching assistants, so you will experience high-quality teaching by experts who will give you individual attention.