Admission to Ashland University's MAHRC program is based on the following criteria:
Bachelor's degree with a recognized undergraduate major from an accredited institution
Cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of 2.75 or higher (4.00 scale) (see note 1 below)
- Career objective statement (Why do you want to pursue a MAHRC degree?)
To apply to Ashland University's MAHRC program:
- Complete Ashland's online Graduate School application. Be sure to click on the "submit" button once the application is complete.
- Career objective statement. Please tell us why you would like to pursue a master's degree in health and risk communication.
- Request official transcripts from accredited institutions of higher education documenting all undergraduate and graduate degrees awarded. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to Ashland University's MAHRC program.
- Email your professional resume documenting work experience to email@example.com. To help us track applications, please use your full name as the subject line.
- Submit the $30 application fee.
- For international students, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL) score of 600 or more.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis; however, to gain acceptance for the upcoming semester, please apply by the posted deadline. Ashland University admits students with disabilities, and of any gender, age, race, religion and national or ethnic origin.
(Note 1) If the applicant has a cumulative undergraduate grade point average between 2.25 and 2.75, the applicant may be admitted conditionally. In such cases, the number of courses taken will be limited to two per semester, and a grade point average of 3.0 must be achieved at the conclusion of 12 semester hours of course work. In the event a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is not achieved after 12 semester hours, the student will be dismissed from the program. Please see the Graduate Admission Policy in the Graduate School section of this catalog for more specific information concerning GPA requirements.
MAHRC - Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
All tuition, fees and other charges are set by the University. The schedule of tuition and fees which follows is approved by the Ashland University Board of Trustees:
Tuition cost per credit hour for 2014-2015 academic year is $725.00.
Note: Applicable tuition and fee charges for graduate courses must be paid at the time of registration unless students qualify for corporate reimbursement. All tuition and fee payments are processed in the Business Office 800.882.1548 ext. 5958, located in Founders Hall on the Ashland campus. Students may visit this office or mail payments to:
401 College Ave.
Ashland, Ohio 44805
Students eligible for tuition reimbursement from their employer may request payment deferral until the payment date at the end of the semester. A $40 per class corporate reimbursement fee will be assessed. Interest, at a rate of 1.5% per month, will be assessed to all outstanding balances that remain after the final payment date. Call 1.800.882.1548 ext. 5085 to receive corporate reimbursement due dates.
To secure corporate reimbursement deferment for the first time, students must complete the requested information appearing on the course registration form. Students must indicate the amount of eligible reimbursement and obtain corporate authorization signatures. Those students eligible for partial reimbursement which is not contingent on final grades are required to pay their percentage or portion of the fees and charges at the time of registration. It is the student's responsibility to notify the MAHRC office if there are changes to his or her eligibility for corporate reimbursement.
Registration for new students
Incoming students may register by faxing a Registration Form to 419.207.6980 or by mailing the Registration Form to the MAHRC Office (401 College Avenue, Ashland, OH 44805). New students are encouraged to consult with their advisor about course sequencing and selection. Returning students have the additional option to register online through WebAdvisor.