Assessment - All Multidisciplinary Studies majors will be assessed during MDS 490 Multidisciplinary Capstone Experience for proficiency in the MDS student learning outcomes listed below.
1. demonstrate a significant depth of knowledge in two different cognate areas;
2. identify the issues, problems or goals addressed by each cognate area;
3. demonstrate familiarity with the terminology commonly used in each cognate area;
4. identify and explain key texts or significant works in each cognate area;
5. explain the mode of inquiry or creative process that characterizes each cognate area;
6. describe how the two cognate areas contrast with each other, or complement one another, in ways that create a greater understanding than either would provide alone
7. explain how the concepts, skills and values of the chosen cognate areas will help the student to reach identified educational/career goals and/or contribute to the student's personal, social or spiritual life.