When you study Religion at Ashland University, you will explore the fields of:
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Theology
- History of Christianity
- Practical Theology
- Christian Ethics
- World Religions
As a Religion major, with the direction and guidance of your professors, you will write a thesis in your chosen area of concentration. This experience, coupled with deeply thoughtful classroom explorations, will prepare you for Christian service, seminary or graduate school.
What you will love about our religion program:
- You’ll enjoy the close interaction with professors in our small classroom environment.
- You'll learn from your fellow students who come from a wide range of traditions and denominations, and make your own unique contribution in our seminar-style discussions.
- You’ll build expertise for graduate school, seminary or your next career step by completing a Majors Thesis exploring a topic of your choice from your area of concentration.
- You'll have the opportunity to travel outside the classroom with faculty led tours to such places as Israel, Greece, Italy or Germany.
- You may be interested in getting a headstart on your seminary degree at Ashland Theological Seminary. The accelerated Bachelor of Arts/ Master of Arts in Practical Theology (BA/MAPT) will save you time and money.
- Recent graduates have gone on to attend graduate school at Princeton, Duke, Emory, Fuller, Gordon-Conwell and Ashland Theological Seminary.
- You can undertake internships or service learning projects that integrate your studies, serving others in such places as churches, nursing homes, social agencies and non-profit organizations.
- You can take the class in Short Term Missions that combines with a spring break mission trip for credit in the university's core curriculum.