Learning at Every Stage of Life
The College of Online and Adult Studies, through innovative and collaborative actions, aspires to be a leading regional force in making AU degrees and programs available and affordable to individuals and organizations by promoting lifelong learning.
To carry out our mission, we offer exceptional programming and tailored support services, centered on the following core values:
- We are STUDENT-CENTERED. Our students are fundamental to all that we do, so every decision and action contributes to our students’ learning experiences.
- We are SERVICE-ORIENTED. We provide exceptional service for our students, clients, and each other.
- We are QUALITY-DRIVEN. Students learn best when they are engaged, challenged, and supported, and we seek to provide an optimal combination of those factors throughout all our program offerings.
- We are INNOVATIVE. We constantly search for the most effective ways to serve and engage our unique student populations and to do so, we encourage forward- thinking, creativity, and initiative.
The Ashland Advantage
There’s a reason so many students select the College of Arts and Sciences. We proudly claim:
- Accent on the Individual with small class sizes and discussion-based classrooms to facilitate your individual learning
- National accreditation for our Music, Chemistry, and Social Work programs
- To provide a transformative college experience through close working relationships with faculty and countless opportunities for research collaboration and mentorship
- To facilitate a smooth college transition with Living-Learning Communities that provide collaborative networks for like-minded students
- A celebrated faculty who have earned distinguished praise for their contributions to research and education
- Impressive internship placements with extensive company partnerships across departments
- To help all students go further after college because of the excellent training and experience they receive College