EQUITY & SEL INTEGRATION MASTER CLASS-NM
In this course, teachers will consider their students' social and emotional learning (SEL) for both in-person and remote lessons. Using the 'Equity and SEL Integration in Lessons Framework,' they will create culturally responsive learning experiences that focus on equity, incorporate sound teaching strategies, and use technology creatively. Additionally, they will learn how to activate SEL in everyday lessons to keep learning at the forefront.
Objectives of Course:
1. Increase understanding of the Equity and SEL Integration in Lessons Framework.
2. Increase understanding of the four domains of emotional intelligence
3. Reflect on the SEL needs of learners and how personal beliefs may impact both the personal and
academic success of learners.
4. Increase awareness and knowledge of students to improve teaching.
5. Develop an understanding of how equity-based and culturally responsive teaching strategies can
activate SEL in lessons.
6. Explore and reflect on how culturally responsive and restorative practices enhance social
interactions between students and staff for inclusive classroom culture.
For more information please contact Teresa Dempsey at email@example.com.
If you are paying by check please complete the registration form at: /founders/professional-development-services/pds-registration-form Mail the completed registration with payment to the address listed on the form. If you are using an Ashland University tuition voucher worth $166.00 please include this with your registration. Please direct questions about this process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day and Time of Meeting:Monday, February 15, 2021 - 8:00am to Saturday, August 21, 2021 - 5:00pmLocation of Meeting:Online